The tract of land that is now Berryville was first granted by the British Crown to Captain Isaac Pennington in 1734. Pennington then sold it to Colonel John Hite in 1754. It was chartered as the town of Berryville on January 15, 1798.
Annual events include a big Summer Steam and Gas Show and The Clarke County Fair. Berryville also has a farmer’s market, and there are nearby wineries and apple orchards. There are outdoor and river adventures at area campgrounds. A variety of music concerts are held in a community park during summer months. A local monastery, Holy Cross Abbey, is located a few miles east of Berryville.
Visit us on Facebook.
The Edinburg Mill survived the Burning of the Shenandoah Valley in 1864, now a museum and visitor center in Edinburg, Virginia
The Edinburg Mill survived the Burning of the Shenandoah Valley in 1864, now a museum and visitor center in Edinburg, VirginiaPhoto: Hank Zimmerman